Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Post Pregnancy Diet and Exercise Program

So Sarah has been talking to me about going on a diet and exercising with her after Annie comes so we can support each other while she loses the baby weight. I have been trying to decide if I wanted to do the exercise part because school and work limit my time and Annie is only going to stretch my time further but after speaking with my niece I have decided to participate in the exercise part. I have known for sometime now that I have gained some weight since getting married and starting pharmacy school but I always attributed it to my stress levels, my slowing metabolism, and my sedentary student lifestyle. I didn't think about it much because I always told my self that there wasn't much I could do about it at this point in my life, and I didn't think my weight gain was THAT noticeable.

A picture of my sweet little niece (stolen from my sister's blog)

My decision was made when I was sitting on my sisters couch and my 2 year old niece approached me with a question, she said "Do you have a baby in your belly?" I replied in a bit of a surprised tone, "No, just Sarah does." Klaire, my niece, then walked away while still looking at me. I brushed the first question off but, she took a minute or two to think and returned with her second question, "Do you have puppies in your belly?" At that point all debate was over. I now get to start an exercise program along with my wife. Oh, the honesty of little children.

7 comments:

  1. Kids are funny! I still remember an experience during my first year of teaching... I was thinking I was looking so nice and that my hair was extra cute that day... Then one of my sweet little 2nd graders quietly told me, "Mrs. Olsen... you don't look very nice today"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, It's a good thing Klaire is cute, because she will even tattle on herself! No secrets in her life. You have my full support, I will join you in your quest for exercise. You'll be surprised how much better you'll feel and you'll find time to do it. I'll even bring you your bike. Klaire is a crack up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Klaire is definitely not scared of the truth! I hope she didn't hurt your feelings...You know she Loves you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children are surely not afraid to speak their mind! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait until you are almost sixty years old and you have to answer that question. :O{
    Can I join your diet plan and exercise classes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you guys lives closer so I could join in too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this post. Found you a while back on your family site and had to come back. You write well and FUNNY. Thanks for sharing. Hope it's okay to hang here once in a while...stacie

    ReplyDelete